Saturday, November 23, 2013

Time travel 101


Did you know …

That, should you forget to post a blog entry one day, you can GO BACK IN TIME AND FIX IT THE NEXT DAY?!?!?! It’s true.

I would not, however, want to create the impression in any readers that this is at all easy. Maybe some day time machines will be available at every corner store and lemonade stand, but these days unless you work at a university or an industrial time travel operation, you have to resort to homebrew science so muddy and messy it’s practically “magic.”

In my case, I had to destroy something I loved, I had to take blood from my own open vein, and I had to enter a state of drug induced open-mindedness. The mental thing is to make the whole process smoother (human brains didn’t evolve to deal with temporal loops and detours), the blood is keep the time-rift open, and the destruction of the beloved item is, of course, to tear the rift open in the first place. The object I used in this case was my neighbor’s mailbox, full of my neighbor’s mail. (Honestly, I mostly picked that because I couldn’t think of anything that belongs to me legally that I was willing to destroy, but the mailbox worked in the end and you can’t argue with the results.)

The ingredients are relatively simple, but the mechanism is much more complicated than my summary. I hope to spend more time on time travel in the future! (Or … in the past!)

No comments:

Post a Comment