Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's called "Planet Ottanana," probably


Did you know …

That the cutest thing ever would be a baby sea otter, floating on its back, holding a banana. And then eating the banana. It’s true! Look it up in the science book!

Unfortunately, a baby sea otter has never done this, and will never do this. At least not in my lifetime, as far as I can foresee. It almost makes me wish that I never knew.

I suppose that somewhere out in space there might be a planet where this happens all the time. It’s reassuring to know, but, still, it’s unlikely that faster-than-light travel will be achieved in my lifetime, and even if it is, it will probably take a really long time to find that planet. To call our spaceotter-seeking technology “nascent” would be generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment