Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bush Inventions

Did you know …


That some of President Theodore Roosevelt’s greatest inventions came to him while he was camping? It’s true!


I only mention it because I’ll be going camping tomorrow as well. This means that I’ll be adding to my backlog of days that I still have to fill with science facts (I’m looking at you, May!). But it may also mean that the next great thing you buy was invented by me in the woods! Like, maybe an exciting new way to deal with rocks or something.


Anyhow, here are some of Teddy Roosevelt’s “bush inventions”:
-The crossbow
-The teddy bear
-Camp chairs
-Colored paper
-Syphilis
-The artichoke
-Franklin Delano Roosebot
-Baseball
-Chemical warfare
-Taxidermy
-Gas spectrometry

Wish me luck! I’ve never eaten live fish before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment